Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Fun?!?!

Well I have to admit that I am glad that Christmas is all over...does that make me a Scrooge. Anyways, we had a little bit of a scare this Christmas and so I had a really hard time getting into the spirit. You know the whole, "poor poor pitiful me" routine. About three weeks I found a lump in my left breast (IS that a bad thing to post??) and it was quite painful. I am all about denial and so I thought if I ignored it, it would magically disappear. Unfortunately not the case. So I made an appointment and went to talk to my doc. He was quite concerned and then proceeded to find one on the other side as well. So he immediately ordered a mammogram and an ultrasound...that's right I got squished...OUCH!!! Much better than breast cancer though. So much to my relief the tests all came back clean...it is left over scar tissue from my breast reduction. Talk about scary. It made me realize a couple of things though, I will be VERY faithful in breast exams and mammograms and that I am TRULY, TRULY blessed. The night before my mammogram Jeremiah gave me a blessing and told me that I would be protected and be around a long time to see my children grow, my grandchildren grow and maybe even some greats also. It was so comforting. That is one thing I will always be grateful for is the power of the priesthood. I have ALWAYS loved the feeling of having a WORTHY priesthood holder put his hands on you head and bless you. My dad, my grandad, my uncles, my brothers, my father-in-law and most importantly my HUSBAND!! I am SOOOO SOOOO BLESSED. SO the message of this post is....I have not a clue but I seriously needed to ramble and let you all know how grateful I am!! So there it is...am I crazy? Feel free to comment ;) It is the season to feel and to be happy and I am both but I am also glad it is DONE!!! LOL

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You said breast(hee hee hee). I am so glad your tests came back clean. I am glad you posted. I would never want a friend face something so scary alone.

Briana said...

Scary...but I am glad everything worked out.

Britney said...

Holy cow Jamie!!! I had no idea. How awful. I'm sooo glad everything is okay.
Happy belated birthday to Erek. 6 years old? wow!

Daryl and Ashley said...

YEAH for clean tests! I too had a reduction! Wow... the things we have in common! We need to do a movie sometime! Good to see you at Old Grist today!